Hugo is a new way to travel New Zealand. Perfect for the backpacker-on-a-budget or any independent traveller, Hugo campervans are older, higher-mileage vehicles. But they are cheap to hire. REAL cheap.
Hugo camper vans are not pretty. There aren’t lots of ‘frills’ like microwaves or TVs, but what you do get with a Hugo campervan is a rough, yet reliable, comfortable mode of transport.
These vans have been well maintained and provide you with peace of mind because of our 24 hour roadside assistance programme. Hugo campervans are perfect for that long hire. You get a great value, low cost holiday, without the risk or hassle of buying and then selling your own van.
Hugo is New Zealand’s newest ‘old campervan’ operator, so hire with Hugo and get more go for less dough.
- Choose Hugo and save heaps of money.
- We’re cheaper, easier and less risky than buying your own van. Hugo is perfect for long hires.
- Travel with confidence knowing our campervans are well maintained and you have 24 hour roadside assistance if you need it.
- Hugo has just one type of van. Our campervans feature a dining area which converts to a full queen sized bed (Hugo campers are for 2-3 adults). There’s also a small kitchenette.
- Hugo is No-Frills. Bring your own sleeping bag, linen and kitchen utensils to save more money or hire them from us if you like. Too easy.
- Drivers with a full license aged 18 years or over are most welcome (yes, your license from home will do).
- Hugo includes basic insurance, or you can upgrade your insurance for total ‘stressfree’ coverage…or not. Your call. Check out insurance options here.
- Hugo is located in central Auckland and central Christchurch. Click here for maps.